Love You To the End of the Numbers

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. Besides the usual craziness of work and life I've been mourning the loss of a very special loved one. My Great-Grandma Mae passed away this past Thursday. It was very peaceful and it was probably time (She was 101 years old) but still a bit hard for all those who loved her. In the photo above she's the one on the left in that glamorous pink dress. This photo was taken on Mother's Day 1967. Next to her is her mother Luella holding my Mom as a baby and then the one wearing those awesome retro glasses is my Grandma Marge.

My Granny Mae was the most Spunky, Fun, Outgoing woman who loved life. Everyone who knew her loved her and everyone in her little town knew her. She made sure of that :) In the last few years of her life she loved to tell everyone who would lend an ear how old she was. She was proud of the long happy life she lead. She was such a strong vibrant woman. Every birthday party of hers I can remember going to was nothing ordinary. She'd spend the whole year planning the event and have an ad put in the paper so everyone could come! One year she had a Luau themed party and did the hula on stage even though she was well in her 90's. My favorite was her 97th birthday  celebration where we got to go hot air ballooning with her and she flirted with the men running the balloon. Haha! She always knew how to have fun and she lived on her own until the day she died.

Here's a few more photos I'd like to share of memories with her:

(my Grandma Marge, Granny Mae holding me as a baby, My Great Aunt Merilyn)
(Me and Granny on my First Christmas, December 1990; and my second Christmas, December 1991)
(Hot air ballooning on her 97th birthday-those are my sisters next to her)
(standing next to my very tall Husband - back when we were dating. This one is one  of my favorites)
(4 generations on my wedding day in 2010. My Grandma Marge, Granny Mae, Me, and my Mom)

 Granny Mae, I will miss you dearly. You lived a very long, happy life and your spunky & energetic personality will always be remembered!! I'm so blessed to have had you in my life for these 22 years. As you often said, I will love you to the end of the numbers!
 ?

0 comments:

Post a Comment