Timeless Treasures

Happy Sunday! I love Sundays. Such a relaxing, stress-free day.
Today I wanted to share those lovely vintage pieces I inherited from my Granny this past week.
These beautiful plates are probably my favorite. The red intricate design is so pretty and they have a cute story behind them too! My Grandma told me that when she and her brother were kids they were looking through a catalogue and decided these would be a perfect gift for their Mother (my Granny). Not thinking about having to pay for the plates they ordered them and Granny was sure surprised when they were delivered to the post office for her and she had to make payments on them. But she made up for it by serving every Sunday dinner on them, which my Mom still remembers from her childhood.
  I think this plaid jacket belonged to my Great-Grandfather who died nearly 30 years before Granny Mae. It was still hanging in one of her closets and it's quite large. It fits Ethan perfectly so I kept it mostly for him but I might just wear it as a very over-sized jacket once in a while because I love it so much!
 I love this beautiful purple paisley blazer and skirt set of Granny's. Purple has always been one of my favorite colors and I know I'll get some use out of this one!
My Grandma told me to keep this cute fur collar after I tried it on just for fun and she insisted t it looked good on me.
My sisters and I got to pick a couple things from Granny Mae's jewelry box and I fell in love with this beautiful pearl collar necklace. It's dead on with my style and knowing who it once belonged to makes it even more special.
The last thing I picked was this pretty pair of clip-on earrings. My ears are pierced but I love these anyway!

That's all for today. Hope you're all having a pleasant, cozy Sunday! I'll be back tomorrow for Inspiration Monday :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment