Craft Sunday: Paper Wreath

I made this gorgeous paper wreath last weekend to hang on our plain-looking front door. It was super simple to make and it only cost me $1!! (for the ornaments, I had the other supplies on-hand)
 
So here's a little photo tutorial for you!!
Supplies:
-Cardboard (I used a large cardboard box)
-an old book
-a few cheap ornaments
-a stapler, a box cutter and a hot glue gun
First draw a circle on your cardboard (I used another wreath to trace around). It doesn't need to be perfect because it will be covered. Cut the circle out with your box cutter.
Next take your book and start tearing out pages! I probably used about 60 pages, it just depends on how big you want your wreath. Then just roll them up leaving a little bit of a point on one end and staple the bottoms to hold the roll.
Use your hot glue gun to glue down the rolls of paper onto your base. You'll want them to hang over the edge a little. I glued one down at 12 o'clock, 3 o'clock, 6 o'clock and 9 o'clock and then filled in the spaces between.
(It doesn't matter if there's a little space between each roll because you'll do another layer on top to cover the spaces)
After you have the first layer down you can start to glue a second layer over that. Glue them in between the rolls in the first layer and place them a little farther in towards the center. You might need to do a third layer like me if your wreath is larger.
Last step is to add your ornaments! I cut the hanging-parts off before I glued them, but you could leave them and it would still be cute. I glued one bigger one in the middle to cover the cardboard and then surrounded it with smaller ones.
And that's it! Just add some ribbon to the back and hang it anywhere!
I love the way it looks against dark wood! It turned out super pretty and cost me next to nothing. I had the cardboard, ribbon, and book on hand as well as the bigger blue ornament and I bought a 12 pack of the smaller plastic ornaments at the dollar store!
 
Also,  before you get thinking I'm super creative....I can't claim this idea as all my own, my inspiration was this wreath I saw at the Festival of Trees last Friday:
I just made it a lot bigger and my own!
?

0 comments:

Post a Comment